Top 5 - Travel Apps
Traveling can be exhilarating and exciting and yet equally anxiety ridden. Going to a new place where people may or may not look like you and speak your language can be an adventure, but still daunting. Below are some apps that can help you enjoy and relax on your next vacay.
1. TripIt - This travel itinerary app is indispensable. Even in the free version, it scans your email for trips and automatically forms an itinerary with the information it finds. You can pretty much plan your entire trip on this app. Adding transportation, lodging, and even your travel document information is quick, easy, and secure.
2. XE Currency - the best app for currency conversion with live and mid market rates. Must have when traveling internationally.
3. Mobile Pass - the official app to bypass the long lines at Customs when entering the U.S. Currently in 21 cities and expanding, if you are constantly finding yourself in the dreaded long Customs lines throughout the year, you may want to download this app to simplify your life.
4. TripAdvisor - Before booking any accomodation I almost immediately look through TripAdvisor to get a feel for what the place is really like. This website is a go-to when it comes to getting tons of reviews on places to stay and even on things to do. What I love are the submissions from travelers and the tips on making the most of your stay (i.e. avoiding room 301 because it faces the highway).
5. Skyscanner - One of my go-to's when I need to find cheap domestic or international flights. It's also a great place to find cheap hotels and car rentals for your next trip. If you aren't sure of when would be the cheapest time to fly out, the app features a color coded calendar with the bests date to book a flight.
These are just a few apps that will keep you organized and sane for your next adventure! What are your favorite apps for travel? Let me know in the comments below or on Insta: @restoringher.
Sign up so you get the next Top 5.